This site under construction

 

 


WELCOME TO

LAKE EUNICE EVANGELICAL 

FREE CHURCH

THE HISTORY OF THE CHURCH

 

The Lake Eunice Evangelical Free Church had it's beginning as a

bible study and prayer group in the homes. In the winter of 1893 it was apparent that they needed a church building. On March 12, 1893 with 26 members present, they incorporated as a church.

 

A one room building was built with a cellar beneath. Across the road to the North was a livery barn built for horses to be sheltered during the services.

 

In 1943 the church was moved across the road where it stands today. In 1976 an addition was added onto the back of the church, giving a larger kitchen and bathroom in the basement and a meeting room upstairs.

 

In about 1984, because of growth in the church membership, the width of the church building was doubled by adding on to the North and East sides.

 

During it's 125 years of existence, the Lake Eunice Evangelical Free Church has taught the Bible in all it's truth and fullness, to the glory of God, and edification of believers in faith, hope and love.

 

The purpose of the church is to spread the gospel at home and abroad and to instruct young and old alike in the Word of God and Christian living.